If you're looking to organise a showroom or office, we can help you there too.
Although offices tend to be going 'paper free' these days, there's still usually the need for some files to be stored as well as stationery supplies and printers.
Maybe your office doubles up as a showroom or you have a seperate showroom. Whatever the storage solution needed, we can help you to make the most from your space.
Things to consider when organising your space:
1. Are there things that you need easy access to, but would be confidential from office or showroom visitors? We can offer you our range of racking with opaque storage boxes, so you get easy access to documents but any visitors can't see them. Shop our storage with boxes here.
2. What sort of products are you storing & what's the weight of them? Speak to one of our friendly team on 01977 555007 today. We can talk you through the best option for your space, if you are looking for the storage and showroom areas to have the same kind of racking, we can help here too and give you our product recommendations for the storage solution required.
3. Are products you're likely to store going to change in size, due to new lines or additional packing? Most of our products shelves are easily adjustable, but to check, we recommend you give our team a call or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. At Racking Solutions, we also stock a range of chrome wire shelving, as well as being an ideal storage rack to show off any retail product, this range is also NSF standard and allows the air to circulate, meaning a lower build up of dust will occur. Shop our chrome racking here.
Planning your distribution & storage warehouse layout
We're experts in our field of storage solutions, so we thought we'd help you to get organised this year with top tips for every area of your business starting with pallet racking in your warehouse.
Already have a warehouse? Is your pallet racking safe?
The chances are that aged pallet racking has been knocked by fork trucks and other machinery over the years. Severe dints and knocks can weaken the racking - so it's best to get it checked.
Give our friendly team a call and one of our SEMA approved inspectors can visit you on site to fully test your pallet racking.
If you already have a warehouse with pallet racking there may be ways we could look to help you maximise space and efficiency too.
For those businesses moving premises, a blank canvas is a great opportunity to increase the productivity of your warehouse & here's our top tips:
1. Accurately measure the floor space you have.
2. Establish the areas of your warehouse. One area may be for storing larger , heavier or longer items. Another area may be for storing slower turnover pallets of products and you may need a picking and packing area or an area for smaller items which can be manually stored on shelves without the use of a fork truck.
3. Understand and visualise how much space each of these areas should take up, within your space. Sometimes it can be a worthwhile task to assign a value to each of the areas too - to in turn then decide how much space to give those areas.
4. A practical process is also required in laying out a warehouse. Questions to think about include: The turning circle of your forklift, how many pallets and space of smaller items you need to store at any one time, the number of team members working in the space and health & safety requirements.
Contact our commercial team on 01977 555007 for more information or advice.
We're excited to share with you that our new showroom is open.
You can now visit us Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
Top 5 Reasons to visit our showroom:
1. Get first hand experience of our racking before you buy
2. Take the product away with you same day.
3. Discuss our products in detail face to face with our customer service team.
4. Let us help you to plan out your space in real time, with ease.
5. Gain access to any special offers and end of line sales that may be available.
Keep your eyes peeled for full details coming soon! In the mean time please feel free to browse our collection or visit our showroom.
We offer a racking solution for every application.
Looking for a gift for that hard to buy for person?
Do you have a friend that's just moved house? A DIY fanatic or a lover of cooking to buy for this Christmas?
If so then we have the gift for you to give.
Our whole range could be great for someone who has just moved house, whilst our economy racking range is great for organising the garage and chrome wire shelving for the kitchen or bathroom.
Shop our best sellers by range, here:
Chrome Bathroom, Kitchen or Utility Shelving
Industrial Garage Racking
Our Economy racking is great for the DIY enthusiast
Still not sure whet to buy?
Choose a voucher for total peace of mind!
As well as supplying & installing pallet racking we also supply racking for picking and packing areas.
Our clients find sometimes that a mixture of our smaller racking units, with a workbench makes the ideal solution for picking and packing.
Our client, Page Bros Group, Norwich have kindly sent us across some photographs to show how they have used our racking.
Whilst pallet racking is ideal for long or fast and high turnover of stock, smaller racks are ideal for fast turnover.
In addition, product can be moved to our smaller racks and replenished with ease on pallet racking using fork trucks.
To discuss bulk buys of any of our racking, please call our friendly commercial team on 01977 555007.
We interviewed our Commercial Sales Manager, Philip Afford regarding our latest project, here's what he had to say.
- Was the project for a new or existing warehouse?
The project was for a new site for a customer in Wakefield, Yorkshire. The site will be in addition to their existing site. It's great to see so many businesses in Yorkshire and the UK expanding and growing.site for the Customer in Wakefield
- Size of warehouse?
5000 Square Foot
- Purpose of racking installation?
To store products to sell in the UK – The goods arrive in on Pallets and are then sorted. Goods with a lower turnaround will be stocked at higher level on pallet racking, whilst goods stored at a lower level are of a faster turnaround. We also developed an under pallet racking picking and packing area, maximising space and efficiency of our clients workforce.
- Did we install the pallet racking?
Yes, the project was carried out by our SEMA accredited installation team.
- What was supplied and how many: products, how many frames and beams?
12 of 3956mm x 1100mm D Frames
54 of 2700mm Beams
- How the installation will make their warehouse run better?
The installation of our bespoke pallet racking system allows for more storage for a wider range of products, meaning the customer can expand their product catalogue as planned.
- Additional considerations?
We supplied 5 of out MR011 units for smaller parts storage. These racks hold 500KG's per shelf so they are great weight loading units where height may be an issue for a customer.
Now it's Autumn - our customers are thinking about getting organised.
Whether it's for the business, ahead of a Christmas rush. In the shed or shed as it's not nice enough weather to be out enjoying the garden
or in the home - maybe the pantry or under stairs cupboard needs a revamp?
Here's our top picks to get you organised this Autumn
1. For the garage our best seller is the MR011 this Medium Industrial unit hold a huge 500KGs per shelf!
Competitively Priced at £143.99 inc VAT shop Industrial Racking Here
2. For the shed we recommend our ECO003 Powder coated economy racking at 1500mm H - the perfect size for your standard shed
Only £32.99 inc VAT Shop Shop Economy Racking & Shelving Here
3. For the home, our ECR005 Echrome range is easy to assemble and keep clean and tidy.
Just £39.99 inc VAT Shop Chrome Racking and Shelving Here
4. For smaller spaces, bathrooms or the pantry - our CRCU002 is popular with our customers. It fits into most spaces and is ideal for storing towels - to - organising the kitchen.
Just £39.99 inc VAT Shop Chrome Bathroom Shelving Here
Garages and sheds can easily become a dumping ground. Old bikes, random bottles of cleaning fluid, an old TV - Need I go on?!
Organise and tidy your garage or shed today with our handy tips.
Here's our top tips to organise your garage:
1. The week before you start the big clearout! Have a look and see what storage requirements you may have and choose and order your racking/storage boxes, here
2. Ideally choose a dry day to organise your garage and lay items from the garage outside in categories:
Tools, Hobbies, Household, charity, sell
3. Have a good sweep round of the walls, ceiling and floor & clean any windows and doors
4. Put up your racking - our range is super easy to put together, but I can highly recommend our sale range which is keyhole assembly - it's even easier to assemble - you'll need 10 minutes per rack!
5. Decide where each category will go - household near the house, tools near your tool box or workstation
6. Fill storage boxes and label. Our CROC boxes have handy slots for card labels, so you don't need to write on the box or use a sticker!
Then your garage should look more like this!
Any gift for Dad can be a tricky gift to buy.
Socks, Toblerone, Some gadget for his hobby that he probably has 20 of?
We think we've come up with a great gift for Dad, that he'll really appreciate.
I mean, who wants to get Dad a gift that ends up in the charity shop, gets disregarded and is unappreciated.
Dads (especially those of a certain age) have tools and like tinkering about in the garage or shed and increasingly "man cave".
Shop our range of Racking and storage - help Dad get organised, whilst acknowledging the festive time of year too!
It doesn't have to be racking though.
We also have a huge range of organisation boxes, storage and carry all tool tidies!
Our full Christmas product guide will be launching soon, so keep your eyes peeled!
What are your best-known products/solutions/services?
We’re known for our huge range of quality racking, shelving and storage products. Providing great customer service and product advice is at the forefront of what we do and is backed by our 5 Star rating on Trustpilot. As we all know, price is as important as the quality of the product, which is why you won’t find a like for like product at a better price-point than we can offer. Our customers return to us time and time again, which is testament to the products we offer and the service we provide.
Which industry sectors are your customers in and which ones are growing fastest?
We’ve supplied 63 companies in the FTSE100 with a racking solution. Our clients include the NHS to Howdens Joinery, Ocado and even Christian Dior. The largest area of growth for us is warehouse and logistics, with the decline of many High Street stores and the huge surge of e-commerce, having a warehouse that works effectively for your business, in such a competitive market, couldn’t be a higher priority right now.
What are your most recent product innovations?
We are always striving to innovate & lead the market in the design and quality of our products. We recently developed a strengthening bay connector, in-house with a 3D printer to be manufactured off-site. In addition, only last month we designed an angled industrial shelving rack with picking parts bins. Making it easier for workers to pick parts to add to an order within a warehouse environment. Ultimately our innovation goal is to produce products at the best possible quality at the lowest price point for our customers.
What are the major trends and developments affecting your category and your customers, and how are you responding?
Undoubtedly, our warehouse and logistics clients are growing and they’re looking for Racking Solutions that make their space work harder for them. Furthermore, our e-commerce clients want their teams to be able to stock, pick and pack products in the most time effective way possible. Our pallet racking storage includes drive in systems and live storage systems, to ensure a constant supply of products for your team to pick and pack. We’re constantly improving our existing ranges where possible and developing new lines to meet our customers needs.
Can you tell us about any recent customer contracts and how you helped the customer meet their challenges?
Usually, our customers’ main objective is to maximise space. One of our many projects, an 800,000 square foot warehouse required racks that reached 13.8m high. This storage facility was for bulk storage so the main factors to consider were maximising warehouse space whilst ensuring forklifts could manoeuvre easily within the space. In this project, we created 14,500 new pallet spaces for our client.
How does business in 2019 compare to previous years? What’s your strategy for succeeding in the current climate?
Our company has seen a huge growth rate in 2019 year on year, due to our continuing commitment to our customers, this is reflected in the growth we’ve seen in repeat orders. In addition, our warehouse space has grown by 100%, meaning we can continue to deliver a speedy service to our customers. Our growth will continue to be driven by the growth of e-commerce businesses in the U.K, but also due to the fact that we sell our range in 18 countries and have recently broken into the American market. We have a team that identify and outreach to source new business and accounts. Ultimately our success derives from our commitment to providing a strong range of products at best prices with great customer service.
Can you tell us about any areas where you’re currently making technical advances eg safety, sustainability, environment?
From the start of the business, one of our objectives was to make products that are sustainable. Providing high quality products means that our products are built to last, resulting in customer satisfaction as well as improving our environmental impact. In addition we’ll always look to reduce packaging and recycle where possible, some of our storage boxes are made from recycled plastic right here in the U.K.
Are you investing in staff training and skills development?
Our team at Racking Solutions are a family who all work together with the same objectives and beliefs. We all strongly believe in the products and service that we provide to our clients. With that in mind, we are always working to develop our team’s skillset. Whether that be growing web development skills to give our clients the best online experience to honing new languages to enable us to provide our coveted customer service further afield or taking our team to manufacturers sites so that they can further understand the products that we offer and how they are manufactured.
Are you taking part in any major trade shows? Can you tell us what you’ll be exhibiting there?
We recently exhibited at IMHX, showcasing our range of pallet racking, long span shelving and industrial racking.
Read more, here